Building more effective, efficient, transparent, fair and trusted revenue administrations (tax administration and customs) is critical. This supports in building accountable, effective and respected government institutions. Additionally, sound tax administration systems finance much needed social spending, infrastructure, and reduce dependence on aid from the donor community, now subject to their own pressures. Improving domestic revenue mobilization partly depends on a good tax design, but also largely depends on the efficiency and effectiveness of the revenue administration systems. In this regard, Technical Assistance provided will cover both tax policy and revenue administration for both tax and customs.
Our services include:
- Providing tax policy reviews and specific tax advice particularly in the areas of income tax, value-added tax, and taxation of natural resources, including oil and gas.
- Establishing the legislative and regulatory environment suitable for tax administration.
- Building capacity on the organization, strategic planning and management of a revenue administration agency;
- Supporting the effective and efficient revenue administration operations and management using information technology and effective management of data.
- Working with the whole range of revenue administration operational procedures and controls as well as policies and activities in the field of tax audit, compliance and enforcement [taxpayer services and education—timely processing of all tax payments and returns, electronic commerce, and all related accounting systems;
- Audit and investigations—national audit strategy, procedures for all types of audit, including single issues audits, audit standards, coverage rates, etc.; collections enforcement—collection procedures and legal issues; and tax operations policy—appeals, rulings and operational policy for all tax types, legislative review, international activities and double taxation agreements; and other residual issues
- Undertaking tax administration diagnostic assessments using Tax Administrations Diagnostic Assessment Tool (TADAT)