ADEVAD is governed by a board of directors who represent a broad array of institutions and are committed to expand the role of the African Diaspora participation in the continent’s development. It also has full time and part-time staff to handle the day-to-day operations of the organization. The great majority of its work force will be volunteers.
ADEVAD’s leadership will be committed to providing quality technical assistance to African governments by:
- Recruiting qualified senior pubic financial management professional volunteers from the African Diaspora and others with keen interest in participating in a volunteer program in Africa.
- Facilitating consultations with African governments and their embassies, US federal and local governments and other partners to promote ADEVAD’s mission and goals.
- Securing funding to cover the organization’s administrative and programmatic costs, including volunteer’s expenses while on assignment, from various development agencies, governments and the private sector.
ADEVAD leadership supports its activities in the following areas:
- General Administration
- Business Development
- Government Relations and International Affairs
- Project Design and Implementation